Thanks so much for all your love to my little Winnie kitty yesterday. She was a very brave kitty cat at the vet, and was extremely well-behaved even though she hated every second of it.
Well, aside from pooing on the vet, but it was an accident (and that is what you get for sticking a thermometer up her bumoley). Ando and I silently scream laughed to eachother when the vet left the room to clean himself up. It was pretty funny…for us . No picture of that, sadly.
Winnie is on some new meds that are supposed to simmer down her digestive system, so hopefully those work out and she will be A-okay! Fingers crossed.
In other news, Ando’s parents recently put in a sweet new pool at their house!
Andmo’s niece Caitlyn is the CUTEST. EVER. and loooves the pool. She is a good little swimmer!
We spent the rest of the day leisuring around there with Android’s family. Annnd I’m pretty sure we will now be spending all our free time at his parents house .
We enjoyed some lunch over there, and my plate included a bunch of fried goodies like jalapeno poppers and potstickers, spring rolls and chicken balls from M&M’s Oriental Party Pack. It was yummy, and NOT healthy at all. Ah well, it happens.
Dinner, however, is another story. Andy-pop said it was the best dinner I have made for him, possibly ever. I make a lot of dinners so…that is a pretty bold statement. AND it is healthy! Win-win!
Since I had some extra time tonight I knew I wanted to try a new recipe. I hit up CookingLight.com (my fave healthy recipe website), and found one that looked amazing for Chicken and Black Bean Stuffed Burritos. It did not disappoint. These were simple, and a HUGE yumfest!
Here is the recipe!
Chicken & Black Bean Stuffed Burritos
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast (I used two cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts and just chopped them really thin)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup refrigerated fresh salsa
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas (I used whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cooking spray
1. Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in shredded chicken and green onions.
2. Combine beans and salsa. Spoon 1/4 cup bean mixture and 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 2 burritos. Place a cast-iron or other heavy skillet on top of burritos, and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan, and repeat procedure with the remaining 2 burritos.
Don’t forget to put another heavy pan on skillet on top of them while they are cooking, it sears them together and is an important step!
You could easily make the vegetarian version of these by leaving out the chicken and only using beans. I may try that next time…
I am off to BodyPump, and according to my workout log, for the first time in a month! That is definitely one of the benefits of keeping an exercise log – you can see what exercises you have been slacking on. I had no idea it had been that long since my last BP class until I checked that puppy out. My muscles are gonna be on fire today! Wish me luck!
Have a great Sunday!