I saw a recipe on Julie’s Peanut Butter Fingers blog the other day that I knew I had to try. Peanut butter protein bars!
Amazing, amazing, AMAZING!!!!
I cut that bar out before they were quite ready, so I think it is a bit more crumbly than it will be later. But I can not believe how easy and delicious this recipe is, and for being a sweet treat it is relatively healthy! Here is the recipe:
Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar (I just used regular brown)
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 5 cups bran flakes (or Raisin Bran)
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseeds (optional, I used my maple flax seed shakers)
- 1 cup Craisins
- Put honey in a large pot on medium heat. Add sugar and stir until melted and mixture begins to bubble. Add cinnamon and stir until dissolved.
- Stir peanut butter into the honey mixture until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in bran flakes, flax and Craisins.
- Press firmly into an 8×8 pan lined with foil that overlays ends. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Andrewski popped home for lunch today, so after a yummy turkey sandvich on a whole wheat kaiser with cheese, lettuce, tomato, hummus and mustard…
(and some carrots and hummus on the side) I crumbled off some of the bars to try them out a little early.
YUM!!!! I had to stop Android from eating the entire pan! I can’t wait to dig into some more of these later. So delicious!
Catch ya later!